Location & Schedule
What are we learning?
Over the years, we have had the honor of hosting many world class clinicians from across the country in the goal of providing an educational experience unlike any other offered. Providing cutting edge, evidence based care molded into an active care model is the foundation of what R2P strives to offer to its students in clubs around the country, and our practicing clinicians as well.
We are honored to be able to offer our members these two exceptional speakers:
World of HURT: A Guide to Classifying Pain “Pain is normal, Persistence is not”
Day 1: Introduction to Pain Mechanisms and Classification:
- Where does this fit into practice.
- Brief overview of key characteristics to identify dominating mechanisms of pain in your patient.
- “Have To’s” in education & active care – we will workshop ways from clinical reasoning, research papers, cases/data, and active exercise prescriptions per mechanisms to patient demonstrations.
Day 2: Subgrouping “Chronic Pain”: Subgrouping the CNS –
- Looking at subtle differences that indicate a need for different words, approaches and active care focuses.
- The workshop will include delivering essentials in pain science education per patients’ concerns, pain mechanism and stage of readiness. Also looking at performing a sensorimotor examination to rule in the motor/autonomic pain mechanism by performing TPD, localization and left/right discrimination.
Dr. Steven Capobianco
The Embodied Approach to Manual Therapy –
Day 1: Touch and Movement Remapping introduction.
- Utilizing touch and movement therapies to help clarify our cortical maps for decreasing pain and improving function.
- Connecting the brain and body through productive attention and movement.
Day 2: Improving Our Predictive Capacities
- Attendees will gain an understanding on how to improve the resolution of our exteroceptive, proprioceptive, and interoceptive cortical maps with the goal of improving our predictive capacities.
Early Bird Pricing!
Members and Non-members. Ends Dec 31st
- $129 Student Early Bird
- $329 Professional Early Bird
Starts January 1st, 2023
- $149 Student Members
- $349 Professional Members
- $199 Student Admission
- $399 Professional Admission
2023 Symposium Tickets
Rehab2Performance has opened up tickets for the 2023 Symposium.
We do encourage you to join R2P to receive discounts on events, inside industry information, access to professionals in the field, and much more!
Dr. Steven Capobianco
Steven Capobianco, DC, MA, DACRB, CSCS, has been a practicing chiropractor since 2003, graduating from Palmer College of Chiropractic West in San Jose, CA. His professional aspiration is to help people move in a more meaningful way through a combination of hands-on therapy and education to arm them with the lifelong skills to optimally manage their own bodies in space. He supplemented his traditional chiropractic education with a diplomate in rehabilitation from the American Chiropractic Association Rehab Council and is certified as a Strength and Conditioning Specialist from the NSCA and Performance Specialist from the NASM. As co-founder of ROCKTAPE, Steven lectures globally on topics related to kinesiology taping, instrument assisted modalities, myofascial cupping, compressional floss therapies and movement/performance strategies. As a self-proclaimed movement advocate, he chooses to personally challenge himself participating in athletic endeavors that challenge his physical and mental capabilities like Ironman triathlons and long-distance road and mountain biking.
Annie O’Connor, PT, OCS, Cert. MDT is Founder and CEO of a World of Hurt, LLC a consulting, teaching and private practice company dedicated to the integration of the Pain Mechanism Classification System into clinical practice. In addition, she is a Physical Therapy Manager for Anthem’s, AIM Specialty Health, Back Pain Guide Program. Annie has co-authored 2020, Pain Mechanism Classification Chapter, Rehabilitation of The Spine: A Patient Center Approach 3e, Liebenson C (ed). Wolters Kluwer Philadelphia publisher. She has co-authored 2021 and 2017, Therapeutic Exercise Chapter, Orthopedic Knowledge Update Spine 6 & 5, American Academy for Orthopedic Surgeons publisher. This chapter specifically is dedicated to helping Medical Doctors understand pain mechanism classification and the importance in therapeutic exercise selection. She has co-authored 2015 book “A World of Hurt: A Guide to Classifying Pain” and September 2016 Journal Article in JMMT “Validation of a pain mechanism classification system (PMCS) in physical therapy practice”. Both publications offer a research supported “paradigm shift” in treating Musculoskeletal Pain promoting effective and efficient outcomes with significant cost savings. She is an Orthopedic Clinical Specialist (OCS) of the American Physical Therapy Association and has a Certification in Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy in the McKenzie Method (Cert. MDT). She teaches nationally and internationally the World of HURT training courses, designed for interdisciplinary integration of the PMCS into clinical practice. She continues to treat orthopedic, neurological patients, and canines with pain and spasticity achieve the best life possible through her Chicago based private practice.